Eastside

Stories of the Past trickle down to East Student at “The Fountains”

Phoebe Rosica, Eastside Staff

November 16, 2014

Filed under Community

Community service. It may not initially appear fun, but if you find something you love, which will help out the community, community service can really be rewarding and even enjoyable. Helping out the community is very important and benefits many. Over the past year I volunteered at The Fountains...

Stormin Stofman’s 2014-2015 Winter Forecast

Jake Stofman, Eastside Staff

November 16, 2014

Filed under Community

Prepare for this 2014-2015 winter season. Through my own inklings and the following information, I predict that this winter will be very different from winters in the past. To begin with, Siberian Snow Cover impacts the amount of snow coverage we receive every year. Above average snowfall in Siberia...

Allison Donahue receives an award for her anti-bullying video titled Anonymous

Allison Donahue receives an award for her anti-bullying video titled Anonymous

Ashley Cooper, Eastside Community Editor

November 14, 2014

Filed under Community

On Monday Nov. 3, Senator James Beach honored East student Allison Donahue (’17) for her award-winning anti-bullying video, Anonymous. Donahue originally created the three-minute video during her final year at Beck Middle School for a school-wide competition, which she ultimately won. Since then, th...

Cherry Hill West travels to Narnia

Cherry Hill West travels to Narnia

Anthony Cornatzer, For Eastside

November 12, 2014

Filed under Community

Last weekend, Cherry Hill West's theater workshop performed a theatrical adaptation of C.S. Lewis’ classic children’s novel, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The closing matinee performance last Sunday drew in a healthy audience into the school’s most recently renovated auditorium. The audi...

Stofman makes his snow prediction

Jake Stofman, Eastside Staff

November 12, 2014

Filed under Community

Good evening, everyone, this is my final call for Winter Storm Cato!  This has been a very difficult forecast and don't be surprised if we get different snow totals than I am predicting.  Anyway here you go: The storm is forming as we speak off the coast of South Carolina. It will zoom up the coast...

The Fright Fest Spooks into Six Flags Great Adventure

The Fright Fest Spooks into Six Flags Great Adventure

David Le, For Eastside

November 4, 2014

Filed under Community

Imagine a scenario in which the halls of a haunted house appear empty, the walls are stained with the blood of the unfortunate and a dim light flickers overhead. A terrified man treads softly on the bloodstained carpet, visibly shaking. A gruesome creature leaps out from the shadows and advances toward...

Families gather at the Croft Farm Harvest Festival

Families gather at the Croft Farm Harvest Festival

Eric Landis, For Eastside

November 3, 2014

Filed under Community

On Oct. 19, numerous families gathered at the Cherry Hill Harvest Festival to participate in fun, family-oriented events that all celebrated the coming of fall. For over 25 years, the annual Harvest Festival has transpired for the enjoyment of the Cherry Hill community. The festival, held at Croft...

Cherry Hill guarantees a Happy Halloween

Cherry Hill guarantees a Happy Halloween

Sam Berman, For Eastside

October 29, 2014

Filed under Community

Halloween: the only time of year you are supposed to take candy from strangers. Oct. 31 marks one of the best holidays that takes place during the year. Kids can run around and go from house to house to collect as much candy as they can in one night. Although Halloween typically revolves around sweet...

Buzz Right Into Jilly B’s

Buzz Right Into Jilly B’s

Sari Cohen, For Eastside

October 29, 2014

Filed under Community

Former Cherry Hill East student, Jill Kroll, class of 2001, thrives as the owner of Jilly B’s Boutique in Cherry Hill. She opened her emporium in 2010 aiming to bring something as, Jill said, “different and exciting” to the town in which she grew up. Located at 100 Springdale Road in Holly Ravine...

Amici Restaurant plates authentic Italian cuisine

Amici Restaurant plates authentic Italian cuisine

Phoebe Rosica, For Eastside

October 21, 2014

Filed under Community, Restaurant Reviews

Weekends are the best time to hang out with friends, to take a break from school work and to try out new restaurants. This weekend I got the opportunity to try out Amici’s Restaurant located on Kresson Road. Overall, the service was great, the food was delicious and my family and I left with smi...

Croft Farms Art Center host The Best of Garden State Film Festival

Joshua Sodicoff, For Eastside

October 21, 2014

Filed under Community

The Best of Garden State Film Festival marks one of the first parts of the Fall into the Arts series of events, which was held at the Croft Farms Art Center at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Oct 12. The viewing featured six unique short films, previously shown at the Garden State Film Festival. Many residents of the t...

Families relax at the Chestnut Hill Friends Meeting’s Skyspace

Sidra Isenberg, For Eastside

October 16, 2014

Filed under Community

Opened in late 2013, The Chestnut Hill Friends Meeting’s Skyspace functions as a relaxing family attraction rather than a sweet-smelling spa. At the Skyspace, approximately forty people with yoga mats in hand are able to watch the sunrise or sunset, infused with special lighting. Designed by the...

Voorhees Animal Orphanage truly cares for its animals and prospective adopters

Steve Mirsen, Eastside News/Features Editor

August 31, 2014

Filed under Community, Other Recent Stories

The Voorhees Animal Orphanage commits itself to compassion for cats, dogs, and humans alike. The no-kill shelter takes in over 1,500 animals each year, and cares for over 200 animals a day, according to its Facebook page. Animals are taken in as long as there is more room, and stay for as long as they...

Japanese “Burrito Bar” opens in Philadelphia

Leah Korn, Eastside Opinions Editor

August 18, 2014

Filed under Community, Restaurant Reviews

Watch out Chipotle, there’s a new fast food burrito bar in town. There is one small difference between Chipotle and the newly founded Hai Street Kitchen though. Hai Street Kitchen, located on 32 South 18th Street in Philadelphia, is a totally different genre of food than the beloved Chipotle. Hai Street...

Barclay Farms hosts communal concert

Jenna Myers, Eastside Opinions Editor

July 14, 2014

Filed under Community, Other Recent Stories

On the first day of Music Under the Stars, a communal concert held every summer, a local band "Don't Call Me Francis" took the stage at 7:15 p.m. Before they took the stage, a band made up of Cherry Hill Public School students played at 6:30 following up to Mayor Chuck Cahn giving a kick-off speech to...

The School Newspaper of Cherry Hill High School East
Community