The Perfect Vegan Quarantine Pancakes
So, this recipe has been with me for a while. It’s actually an adapted waffle recipe that I’ve made over 100 times since I found it four years ago. It’s pretty forgiving, as recipes go, and if the consistency seems off, you can definitely add whatever is missing.
For me, pancakes have always been a source of joy and a reason to look forward to the next morning. Everyone who has ever slept over my house has been treated to these pancakes, and I come to associate them with friendship and hope, which I think we all need in this trying time.
So, from my kitchen to yours, bon appetit.
- Mash the bananas until semi-liquidated in a medium bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add milk, butter, and extracts to the bananas and stir for 20 seconds.
- Whisk banana mixture into the flour mixture until most lumps are removed from the batter, about 45 to 80 seconds.
- Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, spoon six pancakes at a time onto a 350 degree F griddle. When bubbles appear, flip the pancakes onto the other side. The second side should take no less than one minute and no more than three minutes.
- Serve, preferably with maple syrup.