- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the lard with your fingers until the flour resembles cornmeal.
- Add the water and mix until the dough comes together; place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough ball into a thin, round tortilla.
- Place into the hot skillet, and cook until bubbly and golden; flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side.
- Continue rolling and cooking the remaining dough.
Inspired by allrecipes