These soft vanilla sugar cookies are one of my favorite cookies to bake during the holiday season. You can make these sugar cookies all year round, but it’s a family tradition to make them this time of year. It’s a time for my sister and I to bond and decorate them together. We bake, laugh and listen to our favorite songs while decorating creatively with our cookie frosting. Overall this is a simple and straightforward recipe. Try these cookies, you won’t regret it! This recipe is from Laura Vitale, and you can find it here.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
½ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of baking powder
¾ cup of unsalted butter ( room temperature)
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THE SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH
1) Add butter and sugar to your mixer
2) Cream the butter and sugar until it is completely mixed
3) Add vanilla extract and eggs
4) Mix the cookie dough until light and fluffy
5) Add Baking Soda Powder
6) Mix in the All Purpose flour
Note: The flour should be completely incorporated and dough should be firm but not dry or crumbly. If flour is dry, add a 1tsp or 2tsp of milk and mix again.
ROLLING AND CUTTING OUT THE COOKIES
Rolling the dough to about ⅜” thick with any cutter cookie shapes.
1) Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes depending on the size and shape of the cookies. Do
2) Let cookies cool
3) They are ready for frosting.
3 cups of powdered sugar
3 to 5 tablespoons of milk
¼ tsp vanilla
If desired: add colored sugar or candy sprinkles