Sophia Sitnick ('20)
TikTok Whipped Coffee
Quarantine just became a little less boring thanks to the TikTok whipped coffee trend. If you are in need of a java fix, try creating this inexpensive drink with just a few ingredients that you probably already have at home! After 2 failed attempts using a fork to whip the coffee, I used a hand mixer to create the perfect whipped coffee drink. Enjoy!
- Use a metal mixing bowl and add the ingredients as follows:
- Add 2 tablespoons of each: instant coffee, granulated sugar, and hot water.
- Using a hand mixer for about 4 minutes, combine the three ingredients to create the whipped texture. The mixture will change from a dark coffee ground color to a peanut butter color and consistency.
- Use a Mason Jar or glass and add the ingredients as follows:
- Fill half the glass with ice cubes.
- Add about 1 cup of milk (for a stronger drink use less milk).
- Spoon the whipped coffee on top of the milk and stir.
- For a sweeter drink, you can add flavored creamer and whipped cream.