Preheat the oven to 325° and grease an 8″ or 9″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a large resealable plastic bag or a food processor, crush Oreos until fine crumbs form.
- Transfer to a bowl and pour in melted butter.
- Add salt and stir until crumbs are completely coated and moist.
- Press Oreo mixture into pan and 1/3 of the way up the sides, packing tightly.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer beat cream cheese and sugar together until no lumps remain.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt and beat until just combined. Pour mixture over crust.
- Wrap bottom of pan in aluminum foil and place on a large baking sheet. Bake until the center of the cheesecake only slightly jiggles, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat, prop open the oven door, and let cheesecake cool in the oven, 1 hour.
- Remove foil and refrigerate cheesecake at least 5 hours and up to overnight.
- Pipe whipped topping around the border of the cheesecake and place an Oreo half between each dollop. Sprinkle crushed Oreos in center before slicing and serving.