Courtesy of Rachel Cassway
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
These chocolate chip peanut butter cookies are a must bake during this quarantine. They are delicious, chewy, and super easy to make.\
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the oats and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. BARELY flatten the top of the cookie with your hand. The dough should be pretty sticky so if you find this method annoying, simply use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. The cookies may not be as round in shape and perhaps a bit thicker but that’s okay, they will still be delicious.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes and remove when edges barely begin to turn a golden brown. The cookies may look a litter underdone, but they will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven
- Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle each cookie with flakey sea salt. Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Makes 16-20 cookies