The School Newspaper of Cherry Hill High School East

Eastside

Eastside

Eastside

Infographic statistics from Go4theGoal about their non-profit organization.

Go4theGoal aids kids with cancer on their journeys to recovery

Gia Gupta and Ellie Noh December 5, 2022

He left the note quietly on his brother’s bed so he could see it when he woke up. The prospect of facing the next day was daunting, but the few words on the paper seemed to create an aura of hope around...

How the cookie crumbles: The local cookie battle

How the cookie crumbles: The local cookie battle

Ella Goodstadt, Eastside Online Culture Editor December 1, 2022

Cookies are one of the most popular baked goods, yet I have found that it can be very difficult to find the perfect one. The perfect cookie depends on its consistency, taste, texture and especially the...

Eastside investigates accessibility within both our school and local community.

Exploring Accessibility

Gia Gupta, Sophia Liu, and Ellie Noh November 28, 2022

Some of them are stared at. Some of them are pitied. Some of them are laughed at. All of them deserve more. For people with disabilities, accessibility is the focused effort put forth towards their...

Racers preparing to run or walk the 5k or 1-mile race to raise money for those who have suffered with prostate cancer.

ZERO hosted a prostate cancer run/walk

Gwendolyn Kramer, Eastside Staff November 22, 2022

On an unseasonably warm fall morning, hundreds of people gathered together to raise awareness for prostate cancer. ZERO, an organization that helps support those fighting prostate cancer, hosted a 5k or...

Maybe in the oceans and streets where nobody knows my name, it feels like I have permission to live freely rather than conform to the constraints of an environment. Maybe leaving Cherry Hill means leaving reality.

Leaving Cherry Hill

Gia Gupta, Eastside Community Editor November 17, 2022

It's odd that it takes me leaving Cherry Hill to choose happiness first. I only allow myself time to think when I’m walking along remote beaches, and the only time I listen to the lyrics of songs...

The setting sun brings beauty to the sky

The setting sun brings beauty to the sky

Abby Yu, Eastside Managing Editor November 14, 2022

Sometimes, we forget to step back and enjoy the little things. Sunsets are little snippets of nature that bring me joy. Here are some photos from the past two months of the beautiful sky. Next time the...

Camden County offers  disABILTIES Dance Classs sponsored by the Camden County Board of Commissioners.

Camden County offers disABILITIES Dance Classes

Ellie Noh, Eastside Community Editor November 12, 2022

As an art form, dance allows individuals to embody their emotions and express themselves. Camden County offers the disABILTIES Dance Class sponsored by the Camden County Board of Commissioners for people...

Floats at the Macys Day Parade in New York City.

Thanksgiving break preview

Taylor Goodman, Online Community Editor November 12, 2022

With Thanksgiving Break slowly approaching, people are becoming increasingly excited about the events coming up within our community. Thanksgiving is a time of relaxation and family bonding while spending...

Johnsons Farm has many pumpkins to pick from before Autumn ends.

Johson’s Corner Farm offers family fun

Ava Crawley, Online Features Editor November 10, 2022

Cherry Hill Township gives access to numerous farms nearby, which get many visitors during the fall season. One being Johnson’s Corner Farm. Johnson's Corner Farm (Johnson’s Farm) is located in Medford,...

East Student Lizzie Le (23) and VPF resident pose for a photo.

Voorhees Pediatric Facility provides home for medically fragile children

Sophia Liu, Features Editor November 5, 2022

Since first opening its doors in 1982, the Voorhees Pediatric Facility (VPF) has served as a special care nursing facility to provide holistic care for medically fragile children, from newborn to age 21....

Guests participated in the hay rides which took them around the JCC Camps at Medford.

The JCC Camps at Medford hosts a Fall Festival

Olivia Mazzagatti, Eastside Staff November 5, 2022

JCC Camps at Medford hosted a Fall Festival on October 30, 2022, bringing local members of the community together. Within this festive event, there was food, activities, arts and crafts, hay and horse...

Guests sold shirts, bags, food, coffee, jewelry, candles, decor, and more at their tents during the festival.

Croft Farm hosts a harvest festival

Gabrielle Levine, Eastside Staff October 25, 2022

Croft Farm in Cherry Hill hosted a Harvest Festival, bringing in local people to engage in numerous activities. The farm provided attractions for both adults and children including a petting zoo, a beer...

Kids go from trunk to trunk to get candy at Kingsway’s 2019 Trunk-or-Treat.

Kingsway Church will be hosting a trunk-or-treat this Halloween

Abby Yu (‘23), Eastside Managing Editor October 24, 2022

With October 31 around the corner, the Cherry Hill community can expect knocks on their front doors and dings of their doorbells from the early afternoon into the evening. Halloween is a holiday traditionally...

The field of sunflowers at Dalton Farms annual Festival.

Dalton Farms holds their annual sunflower festival

Gabrielle Levine, Eastside Staff October 19, 2022

Dalton Farms welcomed the community to come and visit their beautiful display of sunflowers during their annual festival. The festival was in action from September 1 to October 9 for guests to walk around,...

Gia Gupta growing up in Cherry Hill while getting involved in the Cherry Hill High School East Girls Tennis Team, the Cherry Hill High School East newspaper, and more.

Growing up in Cherry Hill

Gia Gupta, Eastside Community Editor October 11, 2022

In the slightly altered words of Emily Dickinson, “[Home] is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul.” It is the neverending song; the never-ceasing-to-exist melody, sometimes hiding, yet...

Load More Stories