Eastside

A new Turning Point for brunch goers

Julia Rothkoff ('16)/ Eastside Staff

March 13, 2013

Move over Ponzio's! There is a new restaurant in town, called Turning Point. Located in Marlton on Route 73 in the Marlton Square Specialty Center (next to the Trader Joes), Turning Point is a new option for avid breakfast/lunch/brunch enthusiasts. With a cozy atmosphere and food catering to any appetite,...

Chocolates for Valentine’s Day

Chocolates for Valentine's Day

Emmy Silverman (’13)/ Eastside Community Editor

February 14, 2013

It’s Valentine’s Day today, so what better way to show your loved-ones your appreciation for them than with chocolate? We found a few places in the Cherry Hill area for you to buy chocolates. Godiva Chocolate by Nicole Grant (’16) As you walk into the Cherry Hill Mall, you can smell the he...

Paradise Lost: the Camden Children’s Garden faces dissolution by the State

Volunteers prep a Camden community garden built by the CCGC for harvest.

Jack Braunstein ('13), Eastside Editor-in-Cheif

February 10, 2013

Mike Devlin, as usual, is dressed in green—a Children’s Garden sweatshirt unzipped over a weathered plaid button-up. He has a compact frame, with a slight hunch. “It’s stressful, and it’s a tremendous waste of time,” he says, grimacing. At the Camden City Children’s Garden, there...

Sweet T’s Bakery offers sweet service and treats

Sweet T's Bakery offers sweet service and treats

Kaylin Magosin ('14)/ Eastside News/Features Editor

August 19, 2012

Ever since they were young, Toni and Chrissy Walton dreamed of owning their own shop. “We wanted it to be an ice-cream store when we were little,” Toni said. Now, after opening their own bakery, Sweet T’s Bakeshop, in Haddonfield, their dream is a reality. The name Walton may ring a bell...

Pho So No. 1 cooks some of the best Vietnamese food in South Jersey

Pho with beef, courtesy of yelp.com

Michael Wang ('13)/ For Eastside

August 15, 2012

Pho with beef, courtesy of yelp.com8/10 As you walk through the door, don’t let the smell of incense deceive you, for Pho So No. 1 is truly the best Vietnamese restaurant in South Jersey.  After a long day of shopping at the Cherry Hill Mall, my friend and I drove right down Rt.38 for about two minutes before finding this small, delightful restaurant (...

Jack Kane reflects on his 94 years in Cherry Hill

Danielle Fox ('13)/ Eastside Editor-in-Chief

August 5, 2012

[youtube Mlr868V4zl4] “This woman had a skirt on—she was in her thirties at least—and she had absolutely gorgeous legs, and I said, ‘My lady, I want to tell you something: don’t you ever cover those legs up. Let the people see them.’ You’d think I’d get slapped, right? Not at my age....

Four students win awards at festival

Juliet Brooks ('13), Eastside News/Features Editor

May 9, 2012

Sustainable Cherry Hill celebrated its annual Art Blooms Earth Festival on Saturday, April 28, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., in collaboration with Cherry Hill Township and the Cherry Hill Arts Board. The festival, which celebrates art, culture and environmental education, included a student art competition....

Croft Farm hosts fiftieth anniversary of annual Harvest festival

Kaylin Magosin ('14)/Eastside editorial assistant

December 18, 2011

With leaves falling, crisp air breezing and pumpkins sitting on front porches, it is that time of year again.  Croft Farm hosted its annual Harvest Festival on October 30 from twelve to four in the afternoon.  This annual festival that has been running for over 25 years celebrates fall in Cherry Hill...

East defeats West at Wawa’s grand opening

East defeats West at Wawa's grand opening

August 14, 2011

In this video, find out more about the new Wawa on Route 70 -- and watch East compete against West in a sandwich-making competition. [youtube PSZqVv3mxb4]

New Wawa hosts grand opening

Juliet Brooks ('13) / Eastside News/Features Editor

August 13, 2011

Friday, August 12, was the grand opening of a new Wawa on Route 70. The grand opening event took place from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. The new Wawa managers and staff, as well as regional and national Wawa executives, attended. There is a hoagie-making competition at the opening of every Wawa, and Friday,...

Á La Mode ice cream experience

A La Mode serves fresh, homemade ice cream in Ocean City, NJ.

Kaylin Magosin ('14) / Eastside Editorial Assistant

July 26, 2011

After many summers trying different ice cream places locally and while traveling, I found the one that I can finally call my favorite: Á La Mode Ice Cream Parlor in Ocean City, New Jersey is by far my favorite ice cream shop with its fresh, homemade, flavor packed ice cream.  Although I cannot recount the exact time I first tried Á La Mode, I believe it was when I ...

East musicians storm the stage at Coffee Works

Sherin Nassar ('13)/Eastside opinions editor

May 27, 2011

On a typical Tuesday night, most Cherry Hill East High school students are stowed away in their rooms working on the pounds of homework they have been assigned or studying for a huge test the next day, but a few select East students replace their backpacks for a microphone or a guitar, or for the mo...

What to do this Memorial Day Weekend!!

What to do this Memorial Day Weekend!!

Kaylin Magosin (’14), Eastside Staff

May 25, 2011

Many people spend Memorial Day weekend at the shore or at a barbeque, but there are other events to attend besides these usual ones.  The following lists local events that take place Memorial Day weekend:             Wildwood International Kite Festival-...

Cleaning up Camden

Hannah Feinberg ('12)/ Eastside Community Editor

May 19, 2011

In South Jersey, Cherry Hill is considered a rather privileged town. It boasts a stellar public education system, high per capita income, excellent public works services and great efforts towards sustainability. However, just a few minutes’ drive down the boulevard, and the advantages of Cherry Hill...

Camden Kroc Center provides hope for the future

Camden Kroc Center provides hope for the future

Laura Kane ('11), Eastside Editor-In-Chief

May 17, 2011

It is hard to imagine that teens living only a town over are struggling to pay for basic necessities and fearing for their safety, while simultaneously the average East student is worrying about how he can find enough time to finish his homework.            ...