Eastside

Before the Bridge Music Festival showcases some fresh tunes

Before the Bridge Music Festival showcases some fresh tunes

Liza Rothkoff ('16)/ For Eastside

November 9, 2013

On October 12, the Before the Bridge Music Festival showcased a wide variety of music for all different tastes during a free show. Due to rain, the festival was moved from its original location at Haddon Avenue and Woodlawn Avenue in Collingswood to The Factory, also in Collingswood. Not even rain...

Student volunteers in Africa during the summer

Student volunteers in Africa during the summer

Allie Grossman ('16)/ Eastside Community Editor

November 9, 2013

Often times, someone who devotes their time to helping others becomes idolized in the eyes of many. This is exactly what happened to Callie Scott (’15), after volunteering her time over the summer to community service work in Africa. Scott embarked on this journey with a group of young adults from...

Experience the “magic” at Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens

Experience the

Gilana Levavi ('14)/ Eastside Opinions Editor

September 3, 2013

Earlier this summer, I visited Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens. This site contains indoor spaces covered completely—floor, walls and ceilings—in mosaics, as well as an amazing outdoor mosaic and sculpture garden spanning half a block on South Street. The Magic Gardens are the vision of mosaic mural...

The storm surviving shore

The storm surviving shore

Andi Leff ('14)/ Eastside Photo Editor

August 27, 2013

After the devastating storm that tackled the northeastern shores in October 2012, things were not looking good for the survival of the shore. Waves of salt seawater rushed through the streets of our beloved beaches; leaving boardwalks that were full of activity and chatter just days before now lifeless and...

Linsky sheds light on chain restaurant hierarchy

David Linsky ('14)/ Eastside Business Manager

August 27, 2013

In todayʼs society many food chains struggle to stay in business. Within the middle tier restaurants there is great competition. This summer I had the pleasure and at some points, the displeasure, to eat at most of these dining establishments. Throughout my experiences I have created the hierarchy of...

Wawa’s Hoagiefest is a continuous success

Helena Sirken ('15)/ Art Director

Dani Roth ('15)/ Eastside Entertainment Editor

August 27, 2013

Everyone in Cherry Hill, or South Jersey for that matter, is familiar with Wawa Hoagiefest—or at least the commercial's catchy tunes.  Wawa Hoagiefest signifies the beginning and end of summer as it happens only in the summer. Wawa Hoagiefest 2013 offered all ten-inch classic hoagies for the price...

Cherry Bowl 2013 Recap

Cherry Bowl 2013 Recap

Thomas Hudson ('14)/ Eastside Managing Editor

August 15, 2013

Cherry Bowl 2013 was hosted by Wexford Leas Swim Club on Saturday, July 27. It is an annual Cherry Hill Tradition. Check out the video recap for more information about this event and the final scores.  

Dolly Staton recalls memories of 1952 Olympics

Dolly Staton recalls memories of 1952 Olympics

Eric Thompson ('14)/ Eastside Video Editor

July 26, 2013

The first episode in the new season of the continuing series that interviews people in and around Cherry Hill. In this episode we meet Mabel (Dolly) Staton, who participated in the 1952 Olympics, and has won numerous awards. [youtube uXAPSVIu-sk]

The Small and the Big: Exploring Kresson Trail

The Small and the Big: Exploring Kresson Trail

Gilana Levavi('14)/ Eastside Opinions Editor

June 13, 2013

Just behind one of the busiest intersections in Cherry Hill lies a secluded area of woods and trails. A little ways in, the noise of roaring cars fades, and you would truly never know that you are still right in the middle of suburban Cherry Hill. During Memorial Day Weekend, a friend and I explored...

Habitat for Humanity Reflection: Day 4

Kayla Schorr ('14), Eastside News/Features Editor

March 30, 2013

Yesterday was an extremely busy day, hence my inability to write about it until today. As it was a half-day at work, we all worked very diligently in order to finish many smaller tasks. The house I worked on did not need as much work as the other. Most people worked on minor painting jobs, spackled...

Habitat for Humanity Reflection: Day 2

Kayla Schorr ('14), Eastside News/Features Editor

March 30, 2013

The second day of Habitat was a great success. Although we planned on shaking things up a bit and working on new projects with new groups, we stayed with the same routine and accomplished a lot. I personally worked with Jordan Stein ('14), Cameron Butts ('14) and Rebecca Cohen ('15) in the attic of...

Habitat for Humanity Reflection: Day 1

March 30, 2013

Unfortunately, my alarm sounded at 6:00 a.m., rather than 7, which I deemed to be a "false alarm." Anyhow, with an additional hour of rest, we were all ready to initiate our first day of building. Albeit our preconceived notions predicting warm weather in Birmingham, we all froze (at least I did). After...

A new Turning Point for brunch goers

Julia Rothkoff ('16)/ Eastside Staff

March 13, 2013

Move over Ponzio's! There is a new restaurant in town, called Turning Point. Located in Marlton on Route 73 in the Marlton Square Specialty Center (next to the Trader Joes), Turning Point is a new option for avid breakfast/lunch/brunch enthusiasts. With a cozy atmosphere and food catering to any appetite,...

Chocolates for Valentine’s Day

Chocolates for Valentine's Day

Emmy Silverman (’13)/ Eastside Community Editor

February 14, 2013

It’s Valentine’s Day today, so what better way to show your loved-ones your appreciation for them than with chocolate? We found a few places in the Cherry Hill area for you to buy chocolates. Godiva Chocolate by Nicole Grant (’16) As you walk into the Cherry Hill Mall, you can smell the he...

Paradise Lost: the Camden Children’s Garden faces dissolution by the State

Volunteers prep a Camden community garden built by the CCGC for harvest.

Jack Braunstein ('13), Eastside Editor-in-Cheif

February 10, 2013

Mike Devlin, as usual, is dressed in green—a Children’s Garden sweatshirt unzipped over a weathered plaid button-up. He has a compact frame, with a slight hunch. “It’s stressful, and it’s a tremendous waste of time,” he says, grimacing. At the Camden City Children’s Garden, there...