The School Newspaper of Cherry Hill High School East

Eastside

Eastside

Eastside

PHOTOS: The Coronavirus forces lifestyle changes in Cherry Hill

Yena Son, Eastside Photo Editor August 15, 2020

The world has changed immensely from the unanticipated arrival of COVID-19. From individuals and smaller scale businesses to schools, government, and large corporate conglomerates, people have had to adjust...

It is still dangerous to travel by airplane

Covid-19 increases the risk of air travel

Brielle Lampf, Eastside Opinions Editor July 11, 2020

When quarantine first began for New Jersey residents, many spring break vacations were canceled. Travel plans were postponed within the United States as well as internationally. Now that summer has begun,...

The marchs organizers survey the growing crowd.

GALLERY: Photos from the Cherry Hill ‘Black Lives Matter’ Protest

Aine Pierre, Eastside Editor-in-Chief June 5, 2020

Friday evening, about 100 people marched from near the Erlton Swim Club to Town Hall to protest the wave of police violence against African Americans. Many chanted choruses of "Black Lives Matter," "No...

Eastside Reviews Que Ricas

Eastside Reviews Que Ricas

Karissa Murray, Eastside Community Editor April 20, 2020

There is no shortage of Latin restaurants in America. Whether they are fast food, authentic or somewhere in between, you will not have to go far to find it. However, it is a fallacy to assume all food...

Gym members attempt to climb the famed warped wall

Eastside reviews Warrior Gyms in Mount Laurel

Vivian Rong, Eastside Staff April 17, 2020

An enormous room decorated like a jungle is the first thing visitors see when they enter Warrior Gyms in Mount Laurel. The gym, based upon and themed after the immensely popular “American Ninja Warrior,”...

The women 100 program promotes gender equality

Drexel University hosts Women 100 program

Sophia Sitnick, Eastside Community Editor April 17, 2020

This year, Drexel University’s Vision 2020 will host Women 100, a series of programs and events celebrating women, promoting gender equality and serving as the largest commemoration of the 100th anniversary...

Eastside debates which restaurant has the best hoagies

Who has the best hoagies? Eastside decides

Sami Bell, Community Editor April 9, 2020

Hoagies are a South Jersey staple, practically available everywhere in the region. In honor of this area favorite, Eastside endeavored to answer one burning question: what establishment has the best hoagie...

Le strade delle Cinque Terre, also known as ‘The Streets of the Five Lands’, is a popular sight at the Philadelphia Flower Show.

My experience at the Philadelphia Flower Show 2020

Sophia Sitnick, Eastside Community Editor March 14, 2020

Growing up in Cherry Hill, I had always heard some buzz about the annual Philadelphia Flower Show, but had never taken the time to experience it myself. This year I chose to “accept this rose” (shout...

Benjamin and students pose in front of the bookmobile

Rebecca’s Mission donates books to local children in need

Sami Bell, Eastside Community Editor February 27, 2020

Featured in Eastside 2020 issue Rebecca Benjamin, a junior at Moorestown Friends Highschool (MFS), always had a passion for reading. Her passion for reading, combined with her philanthropic values, made...

Phillys Roller Derby Team circles up before a match.

Roller Derby Makes Strong Comeback in Philly

Alena Zhang, Eastside staff February 26, 2020

Featured in Eastside 2020 Issue Chances are, if you asked your grandma what roller derby is, she might have watched it on a Saturday evening television program. Now, roller derby is resurfacing as a full-contact,...

Eastside debates which restaurant has the best fries.

Who’s got the best french fries? Eastside Decides

Karissa Murray, Eastside Community Editor February 25, 2020

Featured in Eastside February 2020 issue French fries, despite their name, may be the most iconic American fast food staple. The average American eats 30 pounds of french fries every year, which means...

Castle Couture is a great place to buy your prom dress.

The best places to find your 2020 prom dress

Nicole Benson, Eastside Staff January 30, 2020

With Junior and Senior Prom quickly approaching, many girls at East have already started shopping the newest trends and stores for the perfect prom dress. There are many prom dress stores right in South...

The illuminated Conservatory of Longwood Gardens shines bright during the night.

Longwood Gardens is the perfect place to spend the holidays

Vivian Rong, Eastside Staff December 8, 2019

Every winter, Longwood Gardens hosts a holiday-themed light display in Philadelphia in honor of the upcoming winter holidays. This year, the lights will be displayed from November 22 to January 5. During...

On November 24, the Christ our Light parish hosted its annual fair trade festival in hopes of shedding light on the issue of fair trade, and raising profits to support schools in the Bahamas.

Annual Christ our Light fair trade festival brings honor to producers across the globe

Katherine Li, Eastside Staff November 24, 2019

The Catholic Community of Christ Our Light will host its 10th annual Fair Trade Festival at the Resurrection Catholic School gym on the weekend. Opening on Saturday, November 23 and continuing into the...

Friends of Israeli Scouts program consists of events that rekindles cultural ties in Israeli-American youth, enabling them to form stronger bonds with each other

Tzofim scouting program reconnects Israeli-American teenagers with their cultural roots

Ziv Amsili, Eastside Staff November 14, 2019

While attempting to form a deeper connection between myself and my culture, something like Israeli scouting had never occurred to me before. I had always known that the Tzofim--the Hebrew word for scout--had...

Load More Stories